Events in Sidney BC
- Nov 1-30 ~ A Tribute to the Military, 10am-4pm Sidney Museum
- Nov 9 ~ Sidney Concert Band's Remembrance Concert $10 Mary Winspear Centre
- Nov 15 ~ Soft sounds of Edie DaPonte singing in Beacon Landing Restaurant & Lounge
- Nov 16 ~ Four Season's Musical Theatre: Secret Garden $12-$18, 2pm Mary Winspear Centre
- Nov 17 ~ An Evening with Rt Hon.Joe Clark $18.25, 7pm Mary Winspear Centre
- Nov 20-Jan 4 ~ Festival of Trees at Mary Winspear Centre
- Nov 22 ~ Breakfast with Santa, $5-$12, 8:30 a.m 9:30am - 4pm, Mary Winspear Centre
- Nov 22 ~ Christmas Bazaar & Craft Fair, 10am-3pm Mary Winspear Centre
- Nov 22 & 23 ~ Maria Manna's 'It's Amore' Tribute to Italian-American Music & Comedy $33, 7:30 pm Mary Winspear Centre
- Nov 23 ~ Christmas Vintage, Retro & Collectibles Show & Sale $4, Mary Winspear Centre
- Nov 29 ~ Allison Crowe Tidings Concert $20 - $25, 7:30pm, Mary Winspear Centre
- Nov 29 ~ Soft sounds of Edie DaPonte singing in Beacon Landing Restaurant & Lounge
- Saturday Nov. 15th at 6:00pm
- Saturday Nov. 29th at 6:00pm
- Saturday Dec. 6th at 6:00pm
2537 Beacon Avenue
Sidney, British Columbia
Sidney MuseumA Tribute to the Military
November 1st – 15th : A Tribute to the Military. This display recognizes the sacrifice and hardships by members of the Armed Forces through a collection of military memorabilia and photos from conflicts throughout the last century. Open daily 10 – 4. Admission by donation.
This exhibit runs throughout October.
Open daily 10-4. Admission by donation.
Sidney Museum 2423 Beacon Ave, the old post office
Shaw Ocean Discovery CentreWelcomes you to the Aquarium of the Salish Sea
Marine Ecology Centre
Open Daily for 10am - 4pm
Adults $15.00 Youth/Senior $12.00
Sidney Concert Band's Remembrance Concert
- Sun, Nov 9, 2:00 pm
Theatre Seating Plan $10
Sidney Concert Band Remembrance Concert with a Salute to Our Veterans. Sunday November 9th, 2 pm at the Mary Winspear Centre's theatre in Sidney. Tickets $10.00 at the Box Office 250-656-0275.
There will be a variety of band music, marches, vocals, along with the Saanich Peninsula Pipe Band.
Come for an entertaining afternoon and a musical salute dedicated to our veterans.
Barra MacNeil's Celtic Christmas
As a group, the six MacNeil siblings are widely regarded as one of the greatest live acts in the Celtic world. Hailing from Sydney Mines, Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, the family group is deeply rooted in Celtic music, culture and history. Their numerous critically acclaimed recordings have included their own original songs as well as tried and true standards, both instrumental and vocal, some of which have reached the Gold record status in Canada.
The Barra MacNeils concert experience brings so much to the stage than most live acts ever can. Multiple lead vocalists, beautiful sibling harmonies, top drawer instrumental prowess in a wide variety of acoustic, string, percussion, and wind instruments , dancing, story telling, Gaelic songs and a journey through an ancient culture. Family entertainment at its highest level.
Steeped in Cape Breton tradition with strong Celtic roots and musical artistry, this diverse and talented family group continues to wow audiences around the world. They were recently nominated for PEI`s Fan`s Choice Award for Entertainers of the year for 2014. They continue to perform to sold out audiences throughout Canada, the USA, the Caribbean, and the United Kingdom. The Barra MacNeil`s one hour Christmas television special filmed a number of years ago, continues to be broadcast in Country Music Television and on PBS in the United States.
In November, they bring that popular Christmas show to fans on Vancouver Island. One of the most beloved Christmas concerts on the seasonal circuit, the Barra MacNeils Christmas shows always feature a highly entertaining blend of seasonal fare mixed with entertaining stories and stamped with their lush harmonies and intricate instrumental stylings. Fans can look forward to all the classic favorites and many other tunes of the season, dance, comedy and of course memories that will extend beyond the season and last a lifetime.
Mary Winspear Centre
Four Season's Musical Theatre: Secret GardenMary Winspear Centre is pleased to announce the return of Four Season’s Musical Theatre with the adaptation of the classic 1909 novel, “The Secret Garden”, By Frances Hodgson Burnett. This coming of age novel is set in England where Mary Lennox, a 10 year old, who recently lost both her parents, is moved to her Uncle’s rural home whom she has never met. Mary finds a secret garden and an unlikely friendship. This inspirational play is incredible entertainment for the whole family.
Breakfast with Santa
Save the date for the Peninsula Celebrations Society’s annual Breakfast with Santa!
The fun begins at 8:30 a.m. Nov. 22
at the Mary Winspear Centre.
Then the Jolly Old Elf himself – Santa arrives at 9 a.m.
The delicious Pancake Breakfast will be served up by the Sidney Lion’s Club at a cost of $12 per adult and $5 for children under 12.
There will also be free photos with Santa!